08 Oct Webmaster
The FHA webmaster oversees the overall health and well being of the website. The webmaster and volunteers working with him or her are the primary liaison with the website stakeholders as noted below. The Webmaster and volunteers will work with and report to the Director of Communications, who is a member of the FHA Board.
- Residents and nonresident property owners of Fearrington Village.
- Clubs and groups in Fearrington Village which use the website.
- The management company contracted by the FHA to manage FHA affairs.
- Prior webmaster experience is desirable, preferably in WordPress. Experience in other content management systems could substitute.
- Customer friendly disposition a must!
- No programming is required.
- On-boarding new users and verifying residence/property ownership status
- Keeps the plugins up to date on the website. A weekly check/update cycle is acceptable for keeping them up to date.
- Ensures that backups are working and takes necessary steps to fix any problems with them.
- Ensures that security is in place and functioning properly to protect the website against hacks, ransomware, and other malware.
- Communicates with our paid website consultant on major upgrades to PHP, and WordPress. Works with the consultant to determine the best process to do such upgrades. Announces to the stakeholders when such maintenance is to be done, and any expected downtime.
- Responds to stakeholder inquiries, preferably within one business day, to acknowledge receipt and give a timeframe for expected resolution or refer to the appropriate FHA resource.
- Support hours are from 9 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday.
- Trains club and group reps who have editing authority to their respective pages on the website. The webmaster may coordinate such training with our contracted website consultant.
- Trains and works with other volunteers to allocate tasks and provide coverage in the case of absence, [webmaster who fills in for the webmaster during] illness, vacations, etc.
- Maintains a list of who has access to what pages/posts.