24 Feb Troubleshooting Problems With the Website
Posted at 10:05h in Website FAQs 0 Comments
A number of people have complained about not being able to login and/or not seeing the Bulletin Board. Almost all have been Apple product users. Here are some suggestions to try and deal with these issues.
- Before beginning, check any bookmarks for the website. The correct bookmark for the site’s main, or home page is
The “www” is essential! All other bookmarks should be deleted!
- DO NOT use Google or another search encine to find the website. There are other, similar-sounding and -looking websites that can pop up in search results. They have no relationship to the Fearrington Homeowners Association.
- Login using the “Login or Logout” form to the left on the Home Page. It’s between the (beltie) site logo and the Pittsboro Weather.
- Finding the Bulletin Board: When you login as above, look for a row of five “tabs” right below the blue “top menu”. These are labeled:
Click the right-most of these.
- One suggestion, which we realize will not be particularly welcome to Apple users, is to try a different browser. Safari is provided with Apple computers, and older versions have been known to lack features and/or standards compliance. Other (free) browsers for Apple devices are Chrome and Firefox. (Click the name to find out more.)