16 Aug Rules and Formatting Hints
Please feel free to post your announcements, notices and any other items of interest to our community. Commercial advertising and political comments, however, are not permitted. Of course, any obscene, crude, defamatory or otherwise distasteful postings, including personal characterizations, are NOT allowed and will be removed.
Some Formatting Tips
- Press the ENTER key to force a new line.Two ENTERS in a row cause a blank line.
- Email addresses in posts will be “hot”: if you click one, it will open your email program to send to the addressee. (NOTE: May not work if you use browser-based webmail.)
- Email addresses must not contain spaces.
- Web Links (URLs) on the Bulletin Board are MOSTLY changed to “live” links – that is if you click them on the Bulletin Board page, the link address will open in a new browser window or tab. However, the process of recognizing and making the link “live” is not perfect. For best results:
- Always start a link with “http://” or ‘https://. It won’t be recognized or correctly linked otherwise.
- If the link ends with a forward-slash (/), remove it. This seems to cause problems.
- Separate any punctuation (parentheses, quotes, commas, periods) by at lease one space before or after the link.
- Having a link on its own line (press ENTER before and after entering the link) seems to work OK if the preceding three rules are followed.
- Links longer than 40 characters are automatically shortened (with a “…” in the middle) to avoid distorting the rest of the bulletin board web page. If the link is not recognized or processed correctly, of course the short link will not be correct.
- You can enlarge the “Text to post” box by clicking on its lower-right corner and dragging the corner.
- If you want to delete one of your posts, click the symbol on the far right of the first line in the post to delete the post.